Thursday, October 11, 2007

Guidelines To Help You Acquire The Right Online Business

If you have been considering on starting a home- based business, be warned. There are many so-called businesses out there that claim to be the best, and trick you into believing that you will make your riches over night. The truth of the matter is there are no such things as "get rich quick programs." Anything that claims to make you a millionaire over night is a scam.
"So which internet programs are the best?" I have asked that question many times. Judging from my past experiences, I came to the conclusion that no programs are better than the other, but rather the person behind it. Microsoft would not be what it is today if it were not for Bill Gates. Fast food chains and department stores do not make money unless it gets customers. Who gets the customers? The owners of course! They do the marketing. They are the ones that make sure that their businesses become successful.
In my opinion, you should look for a program that offers the best overall value to the user. Why do I say this? Because every individual is different. We all have different qualities, and what might work for you might not necessarily work for me.
One of the first online programs that I joined was a 2-up program. Basically, it paid $1000 a sale with 100% commissions making it the highest paying program that I came across. It cost $1000 to join plus $50 for an administration fee, and a $50 recurring monthly fee. "Yeah, that is a lot of money huh." I was determined to make make up all that money that I had spent.
It never happened. Why? Obviously from lack of experience. I was a beginner. This program was for people who already had the resources or at least had nothing to lose. I should have started with something easier, something more my level. I was so eager to get rich that I totally disregarded my financial limits as well as my own limits. "Yeah stupid me." In fact I even called support for advice, but I was usually turned away because they were busy with someone else. Instead they would direct me to my "sponsor" who never answered the phone.
So despite being one of the highest paying programs did it offer any great value to me? Of course not! You could have the fastest race car, but you would not win any contests unless you were a good experienced race car driver. The point that I am trying to get across is find a program that is well suited for you the individual, the user. Some guidelines to follow when looking for an online program.
* Do your research: Make sure the program is legitimate and is right for you. What kind of program is it, MLM, 2-up, affiliate, etc... Do they provide online support, excellent coaching, or any other services? Believe me it helps to have these little extras.
* Know your limits: Know yourself first and foremost. If you are someone who is just starting out then you probably want to find something that is within your budget, and provides good coaching. Do not make the same mistake I did and rush in. Believe me I lost a lot of money because of it.
* Go through everything as if it were any other job: I know it's exciting. You get the opportunity of earning potentially hundreds or thousands of dollars a day. But please remember that this takes time, and that it may be a while before you see any real results. People who are not aware of this usually fail because they expect to get rich right away. You get nothing by doing nothing. Hard work and effort is what it takes.
* I recommend starting with an affiliate program. It's great for beginners because they provide the products for you to sell. No shipping or handling required. You just promote the products and earn commissions. There are many legitimate programs out there that provide many of the things that were mentioned earlier. You just have to know where to look, ex., articles, forums, blogs,...etc.
With all his being based on my past experiences, I hope that it will help those like me from making any costly mistakes. Best of luck in choosing the right program for you.
Virgil D. Nartatez jr.

No comments:

Subscribe To Get New Post In Your Mailbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner